Have you ever thought about why almost all watches are set to 10:10 on billboards, in tv commercials or even in real life? The hour hand is usually set to 10, while the minute hand is at 2 o’clock position. If you’d like to find out the reasons yourself, you’ll have a hard time. In this article, we’ll give you a few hints to help you find out why all watches are set to 10:10 in advertisements!
The main reason is a simple one, really: aesthetics. But let’s list the real visual advantages of setting the hands at 10:10:
- it is a perfect position to frame the manufacturer’s logo
- it creates the appearance that the timepiece is actually smiling (called emotional marketing)
- this position is symmetrical, and human brain tends to like orderliness and symmetry
- in this position, the hands won’t cover signatures, dials and date windows
- lastly, the hands are kept from overlapping.
We want to hear your voice
Now that you know the secret behind this marketing trick, what do you think about it? Make sure to let us know in the comments below! If you’d like to share this with your friends, share it on Facebook and Twitter! Do you think we’ve forgot something from the list? Tell us in the comment section or Contact us here!